home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 25 / Cream of the Crop 25.iso / bbs / omake179.zip / HELP.ZIP / MSG.OEC < prev    next >
INI File  |  1997-04-30  |  14KB  |  219 lines

1. [VERS 1.20][CLS][MOREOFF][White]HELP: MESSAGE MENU
  3. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    A[LightGreen])rea change
  4. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    M[LightGreen])AIN MENU
  5. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    N[LightGreen])ext msg
  6. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    P[LightGreen])rior msg
  7. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    C[LightGreen])urrent msg
  8. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    E[LightGreen])nter message
  9. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    R[LightGreen])eply
  10. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    =[LightGreen])read non-stop
  11. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    -[LightGreen])read original
  12. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    +[LightGreen])read reply
  13. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    L[LightGreen])ist (brief)
  14. [GE Normal SEE][Yellow]    S[LightGreen])can
  15. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    I[LightGreen])nquire
  16. [GE Disgrace SEE][Yellow]    G[LightGreen])oodbye
  17. [GE Normal SEE][Yellow]    K[LightGreen])ill message
  18. [GE Sysop SEE][Yellow]    H[LightGreen])url (move)
  19. [GE Privileged SEE][Yellow]    F[LightGreen])orward (copy)
  20. [GE Normal SEE][Yellow]    U[LightGreen])pload
  21. [GE Sysop SEE][Yellow]    X[LightGreen])port to disk
  23. [White]Which command do you need help with (Press ENTER to exit)? [LightGreen][MENU]ANMPCER=+-LSIGKHFUX|
  24. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]C [CLS][White]CURRENT MESSAGE
  25. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]C
  26. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]C [LightGreen]This key will allow you to read the current message again.
  27. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]C
  28. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]C [Gray][ENTER]
  29. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A [CLS][White]AREA CHANGE
  30. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A
  31. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A [LightGreen]This command allows you to change areas. Opus allows whats called
  32. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A "[Yellow]stacking[LightGreen]", this simply means that you can type [Yellow]A3 36 [LightGreen]to go directly
  33. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A to message area 3, message number 36.
  34. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A
  35. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A At the message area menu prompt, type A and then the prompt
  36. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A will ask you which area, or ? for a list of areas. Typing the ?
  37. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A mark then would show you a list of available areas to choose from.
  38. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A
  39. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A [White]Experiment with it!  Won't cause any harm!
  40. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A
  41. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]A [Gray][ENTER]
  42. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L [CLS][White]LIST
  43. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L
  44. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L [LightGreen]The L)ist key can be used in several ways, [Yellow]L, LV, LV*, [LightGreen]and [Yellow]L*
  45. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L [LightGreen]the [Yellow]L [LightGreen]alone will give you a brief listing as to who wrote
  46. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L the message, and to whom, and if it has been recieved,
  47. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L it also gives the date and time it was written. By using the
  48. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L V command with the L ([Yellow]LV[LightGreen]) it will also show you the subject
  49. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L of the message; by using the * key, (L* or LV*) that would
  50. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L give you the same listing, but since your last call.
  51. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L
  52. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L For an example, lets say there are 210 messages in the area,
  53. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L but you want to L)ist the last 10 messages only, easy enough!
  54. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L Just type [Yellow]LV200[LightGreen] or [Yellow]L200[LightGreen] --- Experiment with its usage, it can
  55. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L save you time from reading unwanted messages!
  56. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L 
  57. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]L [Gray][ENTER]
  58. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [CLS][White]INQUIRE
  59. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I
  60. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [LightGreen]The [Yellow]I [LightGreen]key, can save you a lot of time when looking for a familair
  61. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I name, or subject matter. It will be easier to first give you
  62. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I an example of what the I)nquire field looks for in it's search:
  63. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I
  64. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [White]To:      [Yellow]John Doe
  65. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [White]From:    [Yellow]Steve Smith
  66. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [White]Subject: [Yellow]Nuclear Medicine
  67. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I 
  68. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [LightGreen]The -[Yellow]I- [LightGreen]key will look in those three fields to see if it can find
  69. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I a match for what your wanting. So if you typed: I Steve
  70. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I It would find the above example, and maybe even a STEVE Brown
  71. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I and a STEVE Black. When it finds what it's looking for, it will
  72. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I show you in CAPS and which message # to refer to.
  73. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I 
  74. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I NOTE---The I command will NOT find a word or phrase in the body
  75. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I        of the message!
  76. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I 
  77. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I If you typed: [Yellow]Icl [LightGreen]and OPUS found an entry with a [Yellow]cl [LightGreen]in it,
  78. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I it would CAP the cl like this [Yellow]CL[LightGreen]ue. Use of wildcards is permitted.
  79. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I
  80. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]I [Gray][ENTER]
  81. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [CLS][White]SCAN
  82. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S
  83. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [LightGreen]This is painfully slow, amigo! However it does a very good job of
  84. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S locating your mail, usually error free! More often than not, your
  85. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S System Operator (SysOp) will not have this command available to
  86. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S anyone, only due to it's slowness. But if you do have access to it,
  87. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S You can use the S)can command 4 ways:
  88. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S
  89. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [Yellow]S    [LightGreen]will scan ALL areas for messages you have waiting, and list them
  90. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S    by area number, and message number.
  91. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S
  92. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [Yellow]SV   [LightGreen]will do a tedious job of locating all your mail, recieved and
  93. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S     not yet recieved, and gives you a listing where they are located.
  94. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S
  95. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [Yellow]SV*  [LightGreen]and [Yellow]S* [LightGreen]will do the same as above, except it looks for new mail
  96. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S      since your last call.
  97. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S
  98. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]S [Gray][ENTER]
  99. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G [CLS][White]GOODBYE
  100. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G
  101. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G [LightGreen]Log off of Opus; hang up.
  102. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G
  103. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G Type [White]GYY [LightGreen]to log off and leave SysOp a message.
  104. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G
  105. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G Type [White]GYN [LightGreen]to log off without leaving a parting message.
  106. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G
  107. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]G [Gray][ENTER]
  108. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]M [CLS][White]MAIN MENU
  109. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]M
  110. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]M [LightGreen]Leaves the MESSAGE Section and takes you to the MAIN MENU.
  111. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]M
  112. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]M [Gray][ENTER]
  113. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E [CLS][White]ENTER
  114. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E
  115. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E [LightGreen]Allows you to enter messages to other callers. You might be surprised
  116. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E how writing a message will bring several replys!
  117. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E
  118. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]E [Gray][ENTER]
  119. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R [CLS][White]REPLY
  120. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R
  121. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R [LightGreen]Allows you to enter a "reply" message to the last message you read.
  122. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R The message will automatically be addressed to the correct person.
  123. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R
  124. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]R [Gray][ENTER]
  125. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K [CLS][White]KILL
  126. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K
  127. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K [LightGreen]Allows you to delete a message if it's written by you, or to you.
  128. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K
  129. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K If the message is available to all to read (not private) and
  130. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K is of interest to other folks, you may not want to kill it, as
  131. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K people can not respond to messages that are not there...just
  132. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K a thought you might concider!
  133. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K
  134. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]K [Gray][ENTER]
  135. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N [CLS][White]NEXT
  136. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N
  137. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N [LightGreen]Read the next message forward from the last you read.
  138. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N Pressing ENTER will do this automatically, so you do not have
  139. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N to keep typing N at every message promt.
  140. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N
  141. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]N [Gray][ENTER]
  142. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= [CLS][White]READ NON-STOP
  143. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]=
  144. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= [LightGreen]Read all messages non-stop, starting at the last message read.
  145. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= Opus will NOT pause between messages.
  146. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= This command is useful if your computer can capture text from
  147. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= the screen and store it on disk ("capture buffer").  You can
  148. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= capture all the messages available, hang up, and read them on
  149. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= your own time at your own pace.
  150. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]=
  151. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]= [Gray][ENTER]
  152. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P [CLS][White]PRIOR
  153. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P
  154. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P [LightGreen]Read the next message prior to the last you read.
  155. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P Pressing ENTER alone repeats the last P)rior or N)ext command.
  156. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P
  157. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P Remember, when you wish to go forward, you will need to type
  158. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P the [Yellow]N [LightGreen]key again. You can also go directly to a message by
  159. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P simply by typing the # of the message.
  160. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P
  161. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]P [Gray][ENTER]
  162. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]- [CLS][White]READ ORIGINAL
  163. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]-
  164. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]- [LightGreen]After reading a "reply" message, the - command displays the message
  165. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]- that it is a reply to.  Reply messages are chained together; this
  166. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]- command allows you to read backwards through the chain.
  167. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]-
  168. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]- [Gray][ENTER]
  169. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+ [CLS][White]READ REPLY
  170. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+
  171. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+ [LightGreen]Read the "reply" message to the last message read, if there
  172. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+ is one.  Reply messages are linked together like a chain.  This
  173. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+ command allows you to read forward through the chain.
  174. [GE Disgrace SEE][CHOICE]+
  175. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]+ [Gray][ENTER]
  176. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U [CLS][White]UPLOAD
  177. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U
  178. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U [LightGreen]Opus allows text files to be uploaded directly into the
  179. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U Message Section. You do this by typing [Yellow]U [LightGreen]at the prompt, then
  180. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U entering a message as you normally would, To, From, and
  181. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U Subject...Then there will be a prompt for you to begin the
  182. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U upload...[Yellow]X-modem only[LightGreen], and [Yellow]3K [LightGreen]or less! Otherwise, OPUS will
  183. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U not accept the message. If it is accepted, it will save itself.
  184. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U
  185. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U This feature allows you to compose messages [Yellow]off-line[LightGreen], and then
  186. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U come on-line and upload your message in a matter of moments! [Gray]
  187. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U
  188. [GE Normal SEE][CHOICE]U [Gray][ENTER]
  189. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H [CLS][White]HURL
  190. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H
  191. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H [LightGreen]Lets you move a message from one message area to another.
  192. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H The source and destination file areas MUST be on the same drive.
  193. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H
  194. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]H [Gray][ENTER]
  195. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F [CLS][White]FORWARD
  196. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F
  197. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F [LightGreen]Creates a new copy of a message and lets you select a new
  198. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F person to send To:.  You also have the option of forwarding
  199. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F Matrix messages to another net/node.
  200. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F The new copy will contain information about the original
  201. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F From:, the original To:, and the net/node of origin.
  202. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F
  203. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F The forwarded message can be hurled to another area at the
  204. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F same time.  The caller does NOT have to have access to the
  205. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F destination area.
  206. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F For a bombing run (mailing list), use the command [Yellow]FB[LightGreen].
  207. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F
  208. [GE Privileged SEE][CHOICE]F [Gray][ENTER]
  209. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X [CLS][White]XPORT TO DISK
  210. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X
  211. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X [LightGreen]This option is normally reserved for the sysop.  It allows you to
  212. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X save a message to a disk file for future reference.  You may append
  213. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X messages to a disk file by typing a '+' before the disk filename when
  214. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X prompted.
  215. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X
  216. [GE Sysop SEE][CHOICE]X [Gray][ENTER]
  217. [CHOICE]|[QUIT]
  218. [TOP]